[Rpcemu] Another connection problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue May 12 23:16:18 PDT 2015

In article
<CAC85+4Kaxs+i8Un-FmJaww-2dxLkKe8doinbtSThCfhSyYU=jA at mail.gmail.com>,
   David Feugey <dfeugey at ascinfo.fr> wrote:
> So 64bit problem only?
> Hum...

> > In article
> >  <CAC85+4+Tk_KE9dJWSyKTvLvDxBj4mstKvwZb20MdAGB2=08BXA at mail.gmail.com>,
> >    David Feugey <dfeugey at ascinfo.fr> wrote:
> > [Snippy]
> >
> > > Interesting. I read somewhere that with newer versions of OpenVPN,
> > > TAP code was rewritten, and more strict on sync/async code (multiple
> > > commands = async, even if you use sync functions... or something
> > > like this). Many people seems to have problem to use it from their
> > > code.
> >
> > > I tried with OpenVPN 2.1.3, and the TAP driver now works! Thanks.
> >
> > Glad you've now got it working.
> >
> > A FWIW. Just for the fun of it, I went to my old laptop running Win 7
> > Home 32 bit, a machine that's never had RPCEmu or a Networking bridge
> > installed.
> >
> > Copied a RPCEmu running 5.22 to it, installed OpenVNP 2.3.6  then32 bit
> > version (Just the TAP bit) did all the post install stuff and it just
> > worked okay.
> >
> > Dave

[Snip]

Ah well that was late yesterday.

Today (Wednesday) upon booting up everything, I find that what I thought
yesterday, is not the same today.

Obviously networking Win side is the same as before, however networking on
the RPCEmu install is not.
It gives the appearance of working, but fails.

So it looks like the later versions of Open VNP are suss.

When (I get time), I'll uninstall 2.3.6 and start again with 2.1.3 and see
what happens.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid