[Rpcemu] RPCEmu pre release test version 0.8.99

Chris Gransden chrisg at care4free.net
Fri Oct 20 15:56:56 PDT 2017

In article <20171020191155.GL20119 at spod.org>,
   Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> https://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/testing/

> Due to the recent work on RPCEmu being very wide-ranging we are asking for
> testing and feedback before we recommend this as a 'release' build for
> everyone.

> We would like to hear your feedback on this version, in particular any
> bugs that have appeared since the 0.8.15 release or missing features.
> Please report your findings on the Mailing List, please include your
> rpclog.txt files when reporting issues.

> The two major changes in this build compared to previous versions.

>  - Changed to the Qt5 library for the GUI. Previously we used the
>    Allegro 4 library and additional win32 code.

Due to there being a port of Qt5 available for RISC OS RPCEmu now runs on
RISC OS. :-)  I've only tried RISC OS 5 so far but everything seems to work
OK apart from keyboard input, sound and networking. I think this is a
limitation of the RISC OS port of Qt5.
It averages about 18 MIPS in the desktop on a Titanium. (RISC OS 5 on RISC
OS 5).

Chris.