Upcall handler

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Dec 6 12:37:46 PST 2001

In message <20011206200607.Y21702 at plum.flirble.org>
          Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 07:39:15PM +0000, Peter Naulls wrote:
> > Let's remove it.
>
> Why do I remember the PRMs saying if you install any of Escape Handler/
> Exit Handler/Upcall Handler you must install all 3?

Yes, page 1-294.

In most cases, Unixlib explicitely restores the environment (which is
why the PRM says this).

> What happens if user code does os_cli() on something that turns out to be
> a new task?

Except in cases like this.  I'm not sure what's the best here.  But
removing it certainly seems to be the lesser of two evils right now.

It may be we have to have a module to do this.

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/
 Debian Linux on RiscPCs      -  http://www.chocky.org/debian/