STL

paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 07:40:51 PST 2001

Hiya,

Regarding the problems I've had with <string>.

I think I've worked out what the problem is as
it affects everything in the stl directories.
Unless I explicitly tell the compiler that I
need to use <stl/vector> or <stl/algorithm>, g++
completely fails to find these files, something
that a Linux only version (not the cross
compiler) does without needing to be explicitly
told.

This has the following "knock on" effect that
for the files in the STL and stl.h directories
to work, all the files in the root stl need the
explicit #includes to read #include <stl/... >
with the header files needing the #include <
changing to #include "

The non-recognition of the stl libs does look
like a compiler bug of some description. Can I
claim my lollipop for finding a genuine bug
now ;-p?

TTFN

Paul