GCCSDK release tomorrow ?

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Dec 20 01:43:09 PST 2001

In message <m37krjqfb7.fsf at nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net> you wrote:

> If everybody is happy with the current GCCSDK state, then I will make
> a release tomorrow morning.
>
> If not, then please send patches tonight and I'll integrate them tomorrow.
> I'm off home now because I've been up since 3am.

I recommend moving the riscos-dist.Readme file to riscos-dist.!Help,
otherwise it won't be clear it even exists.  Also add the following
paragraph to the end:

--------
  - You may have noticed that GCC now ships with a new module
   "SharedUnixLibrary", which is currently used as a solution to the long-
   standing "UpCall handler bug".  If you wish to distribute any UnixLib
   programs, then you'll also need to distribute this module - probably
   in the same way GCC does in a !System skeleton.

   There is no need to RMEnsure this in your !Run file as UnixLib itself
   ensures the module is loaded.  If you do distribute the module it is
   highly recommended that you watch future GCC and UnixLib developments
   as it is possible that future versions of the module and Unixlib
   may be incompatible with the current versions.

GCCSDK Developers, 2001
--------

I also suggest a mention of the system archive somewhere wrt. its
installation.  Putting that in the ftp directory's Readme might be
enough.

And now I have this horrid feeling we've forgotten something :-)

Cheers, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/