Problems with new release ...

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Thu Dec 20 10:04:17 PST 2001

> In message <4aebe2fcf5sbellon at sbellon.de>
>           Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:

[snip]

> > Error: Relocated value is out of range at offset 0x1f in area
> > 'C$$code2' in file 'libfoo'
> > Drlink: Link failed with 546 errors
> > ld fatal error: program drlink returned exit status 3072:
> > gcc: Fatal compiler error: program ld

> Any program, or all programs?

One specific project.

> Ideally you could produce a minimal case in which this occurs.

Hm, the project isn't that small that I can isolate a minimal test case
in a few minutes. I'll see what I can do.

What I have found out so far is, that the problem is not a linking
problem as "link" (Acorn C/C++) produces similar errors when trying to
link the same files. The 'libfoo' is generated with "drlink -aof"
(drlink version 0.37) and this seems to cause the problem. If I use
libfile instead of "drlink -aof", then linking works (however, I get a
Segmentation fault when running the program).

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon at sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.