Problems with new release ...

David Feugey dfeugey at posse-press.com
Thu Dec 20 10:26:59 PST 2001

>> Ideally you could produce a minimal case in which this occurs.
>
>Hm, the project isn't that small that I can isolate a minimal test
case
>in a few minutes. I'll see what I can do.
>
>What I have found out so far is, that the problem is not a linking
>problem as "link" (Acorn C/C++) produces similar errors when trying to
>link the same files. The 'libfoo' is generated with "drlink -aof"
>(drlink version 0.37) and this seems to cause the problem. If I use
>libfile instead of "drlink -aof", then linking works (however, I get a
>Segmentation fault when running the program).

I don't know if it can help, but when I try (with a snapshot old of 3
weeks) to compile MPxPlayer under RISC OS I encounter the same
problem... In fact I only try with libfile : it gave a library file,
empty... No objects in it... It links with the application and give
also (logically) a Seg fault on run.

Now to find where is the problem, is another thing :)
Good luck and thanks for the work.

Bye, David