system.zip

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Fri Dec 21 08:16:13 PST 2001

In message <c04669ec4a.Tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk>
          Tony van der Hoff <tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2001, in message <m3n10cd6k5.fsf at nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net>,
> Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:
>
> > It was a last minute inclusion on my behalf, using the
> > standard Unix zip package.  Totally overlooked that issue.
> >
> > Nick.
> >

> The library files are all typed Text - 0xFFF, not Data.

This has been the case for sometime (not sure how long exactly).
GCC's output is typed text, unless it's an absolute, etc.
Sure, it could be changed back, but I can't see any strong argument
to do so.

> Is there/should there be a path pointing at the library directory, for
> passing to a linker, something like GCC:o.unixlib?

Maybe.  The only instance I know of where you'd really want to directly
reference the library is when compiling Norcroft against unixlib.
Perhaps then you should be using the stand along Unixlib?

THB, I don't know - what were you hoping to do?

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/
 Debian Linux on RiscPCs      -  http://www.chocky.org/debian/