Oddity in New UnixLib

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Dec 22 04:37:16 PST 2001

In message <4de1d0ec4a.Tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk>
          Tony van der Hoff <tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For debugging, I call my application thus:
>
> Run <REd$Dir>.!RunImage 2>pipe:debug
>
> With the previous version of Unixlib, this would result in 1 argument being
> passed to main() (argc = 1), and stdout being re-directed to pipe:debug. All
> as expected.
>
> With the new UnixLib I get argc = 2; *argv[1] = "2", which rather breaks
> things. I suspect this is not correct, is it? The redirection still works OK.

The redirection underwent a little work to resolve some other issues,
and may have well been broken by this.   I'll certainly take a look; I
suspect it's not hard to resolve.   I'll enter a bug report for it.

> The good news is that my present large (2Mb code size)  C++ project rebuilt
> without change, and with this minor exception, appears to run fine.

Yay.

If anything, you may notice an extra few warnings from 2.95.4 over
2.95.2, as various things were added.  I don't have a list however.

Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/