system.zip

Nick Burrett nick at dsvr.net
Fri Dec 28 07:19:39 PST 2001

Tony van der Hoff <tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On 21 Dec 2001, in message <m3n10cd6k5.fsf at nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net>,
> Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:
>
> > Ian Jeffray <ian at jeffray.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > system.zip has a "Readme" which has Data filetype, not text.
> > >
> > > God knows how that happened (there's no Acorn extension header on that
> > > file at all... bizarre - maybe some bug in my zip patch. damn.)
> > > Could it be quickly tweaked to be text?
> >
> > It was a last minute inclusion on my behalf, using the
> > standard Unix zip package.  Totally overlooked that issue.
> >
> > Nick.
> >

> The library files are all typed Text - 0xFFF, not Data.
>
> Is there/should there be a path pointing at the library directory, for
> passing to a linker, something like GCC:o.unixlib?

No. This feature is obsolete.  I'm trying to get people used to
the idea of using `gcc' to take care of the link step.  This becomes
very important when have proper multilib support since the user will
have the options to build and link against different library bindings
e.g. APCS-32.

If you don't use `gcc' then your makefiles must have the paths hard coded.
But then your makefiles will break with different GCC releases.

Nick.