g++ problem

Paul F. Johnson paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 09:12:34 PST 2001

Hiya,

In message <4af0099478dbennett2 at ntlworld.com> you wrote:

> I have already hit a couple of problems with the new 2_95_4 C++ compiler.
>
> When I compile the printf version of the "Hello, world" program using
> the default option of unixlib, all is well.  However if I try to compile
> using the -mlibscl option, I get a number of lines in stdio.h flagged
> because "__gnuc_va_list" is not being defined.

What command are you using to compile the code with?

> Secondly, when I try to compile the iostream version of the "Hello,
> world" program (using the default option of unixlib), the link editor
> fails to resolve the "cout" and "<<" references.  I've tried adding the
> -liostream option which I used to use with 2_95_1, but this just gives a
> "libiostream not found" error.  Am I missing a library file or do I just
> need to specify a different parameter?

I have a line set in my !Run file which looks like this...

Set GCClib$Path <GCC$Dir>.bin.arm-riscos-aof.2_95_4.apcs26.unixlib.o.

I then compiled the code using the command

g++ cc.helloworld -o helloworld gcclib:libiostream

and had no problems.

I have a feeling that the above problem is down to you not including the
library file when compiling.

TTFN

Paul

--