GCCSDK branches

Peter Naulls peter at erble.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 11:36:18 PDT 2001

In message <362bb9a24a.peter at erble.freeserve.co.uk>
          Peter Naulls <peter at erble.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <m33d7dfhnt.fsf at nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net>
>           Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:
>

> > 2. I have created a branch called `release_2_95' which is supposed to
> > include bug fixes and improvements that are related to the 2.95 release
> > of GCC.
> >
> > This means that your local copies of GCCSDK will probably be broken,
> > and you'll either need to re-checkout the sources or hand fix the
> > `Repository' file in all subdirectories of gccsdk/gcc.
>
> This should be easy to fix with a suitable find/sed rune.  I'll supply
> one a bit later when I take a look, if no one else does beforehand.

There are a variety of ways to do it, but this is probably the clearest:

  #!/bin/bash

  files=$(find -type f | grep CVS/Repository)

  for res in $files ; do
   echo $res

   sed s#gccsdk/gcc-2_95_2#gccsdk/gcc# < $res > /tmp/res
   mv /tmp/res $res

  done;

  mv gcc-2_95_2 gcc
  cd gcc

Now run the above script.
Finally, edit the gcc-2_95_2 entry in gccsdk/CVS/Entries

Now you can CVS update.

hth, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/