Inline assembler problem

Peter Naulls peter at erble.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 02:24:08 PDT 2001

In message <m366e2yw0k.fsf at nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net>
          Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:

> Peter Naulls <peter at erble.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>
> > In message <m3iti31lwp.fsf at nick.ws.noc.dsvr.net>
> >           Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:
> >

> > So, any chance you fixing the execve problems so we can use a new GCC
> > version? :-)
>
> I didn't think there was a problem with execve.  To my reckoning,
> your example program had a bug in that it didn't NULL terminate one of
> the argument lists.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough explaining the problem first time around.
Even with that fixed the problem is exhibited.

> The second problem was that `struct proc' changed size, breaking
> compatibility with programs compiled with earlier releases of UnixLib.

Yes, I am aware of that.  However, my bash port shows the problem (when
trying to run pretty much any command), as does a build of the GCCSDK
(using all new binaries) as previously mentioned.

hth, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at erble.freeserve.co.uk
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://chocky.mine.nu/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.java.riscos.org.uk/