Filetype setting on fopen

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Tue Aug 6 06:07:56 PDT 2002

Peter Naulls wrote:
> In message <4b61ba59e7sbellon at sbellon.de>
>           Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:

[missing attribution]

> > > index.html        index/html  (faf - from mimemap)
> > > index.html        index/html  (fff - no mime file)
> > > index.foo         index/foo   (fff - mimetype lookup fails)
> > > index             index       (fff - no ext so no mime lookup)
> >
> > I totally agree with Ian.

> Well, the behaviour of mimemapping essentially forces this, so there
> isn't much choice on the disagreement front :-)

Well, Nick wanted to remove the extensions, and I showed agreement with
Ian *not* to remove the extensions.

I see here some minor choice of disagreement, indeed.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon at sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 Zucchini: God's way of saying "You don't work in your garden enough."