Filetype setting on fopen

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Aug 6 12:31:50 PDT 2002

In message <74efe4614b.Jo at hobbes.riscos.be>

> BTW, perhaps not such a good idea to mention this in this thread but
> IMHO, why don't we get rid of __RISCOSIFY_LONG_TRUNCATE,
> __RISCOSIFY_MEDIUM_TRUNCATE, __RISCOSIFY_SHORT_TRUNCATE and
> __RISCOSIFY_DROP_VOWEL ? These days we no longer have a buggy SparkFS
> (at least with respect to the long filename problem), but do have
> LongFiles2, raFS, several network FS with decent filename length
> limitations, long filenames in RISC OS 4, etc.  Are there any UnixLib
> linked projects still using this today ?

I've never used them, even when I had RISC OS 3.6.  Futhermore, GCC
(especially when using C++) really is somewhat deprecated on 10 letter
filename filesystems.   I recommend removing them.

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 Homepage                     -  http://www.chocky.org/
 RISC OS C Programming        -  http://www.riscos.info/
 Unix Programs on RISC OS     -  http://www.chocky.org/unix/