General linking question

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Wed Aug 28 01:44:19 PDT 2002

Hi!

I've got a general question concerning linking under RISC OS.

Let's assume that I have three object files: A, B and C. B and C are
libraries. B depends on C because it refers to one symbol from C. But
this is only needed in one function of B. Now, in order to get a
working executable of A, A has to be linked against B, but doesn't make
use of the function in B that needs the symbol from C.

How to link A and B together without the need of C? Is this possible
under RISC OS?

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon at sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 Every time I lose weight... it finds me again.