filename conversion

Maarten Bezemer m.m.bezemer at student.utwente.nl
Sun Dec 1 16:25:51 PST 2002

On 29 Nov 2002 "Alex Waugh" <alex at alexwaugh.com> wrote:

> Maarten Bezemer wrote:

> > Instead of changing the the current directory. CVS stores it and adds it
> > to all filenames.
> > CVS adds a '/' between the stored current directory and the filename.
> > Internal CVS uses unixname becasue it was written to use unixnames
> >
> > Maybe I have to do an extra conversion for the commandline options...
>
> If you want to accept RISC OS filenames on the commandline, but internal
>   calculations are in unix format then you will need to convert the
> commandline options.

I had some time to use the riscosify you send.
As sfix I have the default so with the 'c' in it.
Trying calling opendir(/Mem::Sprites/$/Test/c) won't work. And the
directory Mem::Sprites.$.Test.c does exists.
I got reading in riscosify.c and I found the following line as an
example what that piece of code does:

/idefs::hd/$/fred/preset/s converts into idefs::hd.$.fred.preset.s

I suppose this is the same kind of filename I have. Both 'c' and 's' are
in the sfix list.
So is there a bug in riscosify or do I have to set some flags to
activate this?

Cheers,
  Maarten

--