GCC development status 2002-12-15

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Dec 15 06:55:04 PST 2002

In message <3DFC9145.7060406 at dsvr.net>
          Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:

> I've committed Alex Waugh's patched for 'pthreads' and stack-chunks and
> the 'riscosify' to the CVS trunk.  John Tytgat's resolver library
> re-working will also appear soon.  I feel that these patches are too
> invasive to be committed to the 2.95 stable branch.  I think that we
> should be able to iron out most of the bugs during the 3.3 development
> phase, especially considering the other UnixLib work that's required.

For the resolver library work I took the approach to take over the src
& header file organisation & code of glibc.  I realise now I haven't asked
the feedback from the other GCC/UnixLib hackers to backup this decision.

Do we agree this is a good approach and will we continue doing this ? The
more closely we can follow the glibc structure and code, the easier we
can introduce new features, no ?