GCC development status 2002-12-15

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Sun Dec 15 08:12:34 PST 2002

In message <3DFC9145.7060406 at dsvr.net>
          Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:

[snip]
> Language support will consist of C, C++ and Fortran 77.  These are
> established and stable languages on RISC OS.  I'm toying with the idea
> of having Ada and Java in the next release.
>
> The build environment for Ada has been mostly completed.  I know have
> a  set of GNAT tools and binaries that can be executed to generate
> RISC OS  executables.  Though I haven't built my first Ada application
> yet.

This is certainly good news (for me!). I guess I am one of very few
people who are interested in that strange language called Ada, and I
very much appreciate the work of all the people involved.

If you have pieces of GNAT that I could use to test my various Ada bits
on RISC OS, just mail it to me so that I can have a play.

[snip]

Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/
... Alle Menschen sind gleich intelligent. Ausnahmen haben die Regel.