Unexpected compiler error

Tony van der Hoff tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 10:58:16 PST 2002

On 1 Feb 2002, in message <271617024b.james at maat.clara.co.uk>,
James Carey <james at maat.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <b4c014024b.peter at moo.chocky.org>
>           Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>
> > In message <679db9014b.james at maat.clara.co.uk>
> >           James Carey <james at maat.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> > > More food for thought...  Can't say that I have had any problems with
> > > lynx but I am with the autobuilt version of nettle in a reproducible
> > > manner.
> > >
> > > Basically, this version of nettle will only successfully load up on the
> > > iconbar if messenger is not loaded.  If messenger is present then the
> > > following error pops up
> > >
> > > Termination signal received: RISC OS error
> >
> > Right now, I'd simply like to collect as many facts as possible. Tony,
> > James, how much memory do you have?
>
> Funnily enough, also 256MB.

Hm, Peters post hasn't arrived here yet...

Anyway, I've only got 128 MB.

Here's another clue; maybe relevant, maybe not...

I have a TaskObey !Make, the salient line of which is:
AMU -f <Obey$Dir>.Makefile -desktop !RunImage
Using this, I can replicate the problem quite readily.

On a whim, I changed that to:
Set Make$Dir <Obey$Dir>
AMU -f <Make$Dir>.Makefile -desktop !RunImage
I have not managed to replicate the problem since then.

So, could it be that the underlying path is changing during compilation?

Tony van der Hoff         | MailTo:tony at mk-net.demon.co.uk
Buckinghamshire, England  | http:www.mk-net.demon.co.uk