C++ vector problem

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Feb 18 11:00:08 PST 2002

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0202181821500.2098-300000 at portal.acad.cai.cam.ac.uk>
          Theo Markettos <atm26 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm running the attached code under 2.95.4 release 1.  Under Linux-i386
> (Debian testing gcc 2.95.4 (prerelease)) the same command line compiles
> fine, but under RISC OS it moans about being unable to find iostream
> stuff.
>
> *g++ -o region -Wall -O cc.region -v

Try adding -liostream

> FWIW I installed gcc and cc1 over Christmas, but have only just downloaded
> cc1plus, and have just redownloaded gcc with no change.  On that note,
> would it be possible to g++ to give a more sensible error when cc1plus is
> not present (it currently dies halfway through the compile with 'RISC OS
> error').

It's a generic Unixlib problem.  I've had a crack at it before, but for
various reasons, UL error handling is quite extensive, and needs more
work.  You are of course welcome to have a go fixing it :-)

Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/