More libfile problems

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Feb 25 13:39:15 PST 2002

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0202252053320.7858-100000 at portal.acad.cai.cam.ac.uk>
          Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:

> g++ ex1.o -o ex1 -L. -lm ../ga/libga.o -liostream
> Error: Library '^.ga.o.libga' does not appear to be an object code library
> Drlink: Link failed with 1 error

I've seen a very similar problem.  Acorn libfile produced the 112 byte
file, while GCC's produce one lacking one of the important chunks.

> ld fatal error: program gccpkg:bin/drlink returned exit status 3072:
> g++: Fatal compiler error: program ld
>
> The only way I can persuade it to link is to supply all the object files
> separately, which is clearly painful.

In the end, I used Acorn's link to make a partially linked AOF, as
Drlink wouldn't do it citing an error I don't have to hand.
Given all the above, I concluded that 'as' was producing slightly duff
object files.

> I can provide the relevant directory if this is of use to anyone to
> investigate, but it'll take a while to upload over my poor modem as it's
> 4MB...

No need, my files are only 100k or so.  Probably something for Nick or
Alex to take a look at.

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/