CVS typo?

Alex Waugh ajw498 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 03:55:43 PST 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Theo Markettos wrote:

> Last night around 5pmish I was checking a new version of 2.95 out of CVS
> to my Risc PC in Linux.
[snip]
> protocol error: directory
> '/usr/locel/cvsroot/gccsdk/riscos-libs/gmp-3_1/mpbsd' not within root
> '/usr/local/cvsroot'
> at which point CVS gives up.  Does this mean there's a typo 'locel' for
> 'local' in the repository somewhere?  It still happens to me now.

I would guess the problem is at your end. AFAIK, the repository does not
store any absolute paths. I've just checked out a complete copy without
problems. You could try deleting your copy of the gccsdk tree and
possibly your .cvspass file, and do a clean checkout.
Alternatively cd / ; grep -r /usr/locel/ *

Alex

Alex Waugh                               alex at alexwaugh.com

PHP, Roots, WebJames and more from http://www.alexwaugh.com/