Autobuilt ld: failed to create temporary filename '/tmp/ccy4uvff'

Andy Wingate andy at sparse.net
Tue Mar 5 10:49:55 PST 2002

This may well be known about but using an autobuilt version of gcc
(from the 1st March), I find that ld gives an error about failing to
create a temporary filename, which does appear to be created in
<Wimp$Scrap> as you would expect (just of 0 size).

Substituting the ld for one from the 16 Feb (that I kept as backup)
autobuilding  works as I would expect.

gcc -v gives gcc version 2.95.4 20010319 (prerelease) [gccsdk
20020112].
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.ox.compsoc.net/~xyzzy/> OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
Do not take life too seriously; you will never get out if it alive.