32-bit Changes

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Apr 15 02:40:47 PDT 2003

A heads up:

My 32-bit changes will shortly be going into main trunk CVS.  I fully
expect breakages, because the changes are widespread.   The only
_expected_ breakage is that register dumps in backtraces will be broken.
This is a consequence of changes in the way backtraces are handled.
Unixlib will also not work on ARM3 as it is.

Anything else is accidental, but should be reported, or fixed if you're
in a position to do so.  I will also pick up a large number of patches
that have been submitted to the list, which never made it to CVS head for
whatever reason, but which I've been using in my own 32-bit version.  If,
after a week from now, your favourite patch does not appear to be in
CVS, then drop me an email - but not beforehand.

I'm also particularly interested in any regressions, which might
indicate any missing fixes.  GCC 2.95.4 has done us good service, but
it's getting long in the tooth in places, and it's time to move on.
I will try and provide binaries for a 32-bit 3.3 GCC as soon as I'm
able in the usual place, but without source (you should use CVS).

If any of this particularly relates to your own usage of UnixLib with
Norcroft, then I recommend talking to John Tytgat instead of myself, as
he is better placed to deal with these issues.

Regards, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 Homepage                     -  http://www.chocky.org/
 RISC OS C Programming        -  http://www.riscos.info/