32-bit Changes

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Apr 21 06:28:00 PDT 2003

In message <731478e34b.peter at chocky.org>

> My 32-bit changes will shortly be going into main trunk CVS.  I fully
> expect breakages, because the changes are widespread.   The only
> _expected_ breakage is that register dumps in backtraces will be broken.
> This is a consequence of changes in the way backtraces are handled.
> Unixlib will also not work on ARM3 as it is.

They are now mostly done, and anyone who cares to can use the 3.3
32-bit cross compiler.  You might want to do something like this:

  cvs -z3 -qq update -dPA
   (On either the 2.95 branch or trunk - the A flag means sync with trunk)
  make clean
   (finally :-)
  ./config.status
  make

I don't think a full rerun of configure is required, but you can do if
you're feeling borred.

I've successfully cross compiled a working version of wget using it.
However, the compiler itself is broken in RISC OS - I expect something
is missing from UnixLib.  I will continue to fix and test things over the
next few days so keep your CVS up to date, but I welcome any comments in
the mean time.

Have fun, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 Homepage                     -  http://www.chocky.org/