32-bit Changes

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Mon Apr 21 08:29:53 PDT 2003

Peter Naulls wrote:

[snip]

> I've successfully cross compiled a working version of wget using it.
> However, the compiler itself is broken in RISC OS - I expect
> something is missing from UnixLib.  I will continue to fix and test
> things over the next few days so keep your CVS up to date, but I
> welcome any comments in the mean time.

I've tried to compile the contained UnixLib with Norcroft. I noticed
the following things:

* When compiling UnixLib, I get:

cc -depend !Depend -throwback -fcah -JUnixHdr: -wda -wp -APCS
3/32bit/fpe3 -D__UNIXLIB_INTERNALS -c -o unistd.o.getpass
"^.source.unistd.c.getpass"
Norcroft RISC OS ARM C vsn 5.53 [14 Jan 2003]
"^.source.unistd.c.getpass", line 88: Error: undeclared name, inventing
'extern int getline()'

  This is, because __USE_GNU is not defined. I think it could get added
  in the same manner like the other defines to the "Norcroft section"
  in source/clib/unixlib/features.h.

* Due to the fact that off_t and others are now long long and not
  long int anymore, there's a desperate need for all those _ll_*
  functions when linking against UnixLib with Norcroft.

Apart from this, at least compilation, linking and small test programs
seem fine under RISC OS with Norcroft. Will continue to test.

--
Stefan Bellon