GCC 3.3 status

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sun Dec 21 10:30:19 PST 2003

Nick Burrett wrote:

>     #include <iostream>
>
>     int main (void)
>     {
>       std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl;
>       return 0;
>     }

Apart from the "return 0;" (which is implicit for main() in C++), this
is exactly the test case I use for our C++ compiler at work which I
have to maintain. Luckily, I don't have to build the AST as we use the
EDG frontend. ;-)

But I know the problem about speed. On a very recent x86 machine this
example takes half a minute (or so) and I had expected it to be faster.

Is there an up-to-date binary snapshot somewhere to try it out on an
Iyonix?

--
Stefan Bellon