Code generation bug with -fomit-frame-pointer

James Bursa bursa at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 21 15:28:48 PST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 20:29, Nick Burrett wrote:
> -fomit-frame-pointer makes no sense on RISC OS hence I'm not surprised
> that it doesn't work.  The compiler should supply a warning to such effect.

-O enables -fomit-frame-pointer, so that should be disabled too.

I've disabled it in my copy and updated with your sibling call fix, and -O2
now works in everything I tried. Thanks for your work on this!

With -O3 I'm getting

  ***Fatal error: Stack corruption detected***

when I run one program (ssltest from openssl). There is also one file which
causes

  internal compiler error: in subreg_hard_regno, at emit-rtl.c:931

(s_time.c from openssl). I can try and find out which particular optimisation
is causing this / supply preprocessed source, or is -O3 unsupported?

Thanks
James