Possibility of an extra device?

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Feb 3 06:47:31 PST 2003

In message <bbddfcbe4b.maarten at s0000795.student.utwente.nl>
          Maarten Bezemer <m.m.bezemer at student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Is it possible to have an extra device included in Unixlib?
> One for the use of the programmer, so without any functionallity?
> Right now I use DEV_ZERO because I don't need it, but I trhink it would
> be more nice when a DEV_USER or something would be available.

I looked at this a while ago; and really it's quite easy to add, if you
wanted.  Alternatively, open a file to /dev/null, and you should be able
to alter the file handling function for it - if memory serves, these are
set per file handle, rather than per device.

We look forward to your patch :-)

 Peter Naulls - peter at chocky.org
 Homepage                     -  http://www.chocky.org/
 RISC OS C Programming        -  http://www.riscos.info/