Possibility of an extra device?

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Feb 4 16:25:31 PST 2003

In message <3E3FC80F.8000408 at dsvr.net>
          Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:

> I have a steadily increasing patch to fix the libstdc++ stuff, but it is
> slow going as I'm having to implement missing wide-character functions.

I was thinking to have a go at this myself but now I see that you took
the challenge... ;-) Seriously, my current feeling about the wide-char
support was we need an iconv module which could be used by UnixLib.
As the iconv routines potentionally need to make use of large memory
blocks and these better get shared between the running UnixLib based
programs.

Makes sense ?