Developments - ELF and others

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Oct 3 07:18:02 PDT 2003

In message <6536a03b4c.christian at venice.lab>
        Christian Ludlam <chris at recoil.org> wrote:

> On 3 Oct Peter Naulls wrote:
>
>> I guess not.  I don't know how much time Stewart spent on adding it to
>> 'link'.
>
> Not enough, I don't think. It has the -shl option to output a shared library
> stub - I managed to work out the format of this file, basically:
>
>  >filename_of_stub
>  whitespace_separated
>  list_of
>  functon_names_to_export
>
> It didn't seem to support symbol renaming. Unfortunately, the resulting stubs
> files apparantly don't contain any information about which library the stub
> applies to, making it somewhat difficult for a loader to load the right
> library.

The -shl switch is nothing to do with ELF though. That's for the ARM
shared library system isn't it?

I've got some doco on that at home somewhere which I can dig out. I've
also got some code that I wrote as a start on a shared library manager
using the ARM shared library system.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)