'as' problems

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Oct 7 05:39:59 PDT 2003

I've not made too much head way with 'as' - partly because I'm not
overly familiar with it.  But I think I can summaraise what's going on:

With Nick's recent change, this doesn't work:

	EXPORT	|main|
|main|

But this does.

|main|
	EXPORT	|main|

The problem arises in asm.c, when it spots a label defintion, it goes
and creates a new symbol, and since Nick's change modifies the flags to
say that upon meeting an EXPORT, the symbol is now defined, it
complains that it's a redefinition.

I tried changing the symbolAdd to a symbolGet, but it seems the usage
counts don't get incremented, and there are complaints about implicit
symbols for some hand written code.