32 bit gccsdk

Peter Teichmann mail at peter-teichmann.de
Sat Oct 11 05:44:50 PDT 2003

Am Samstag, 11. Oktober 2003 13:48 schrieb Peter Naulls:
> In message <200310111246.07647.mail at peter-teichmann.de>
>
>           Peter Teichmann <mail at peter-teichmann.de> wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 11. Oktober 2003 09:13 schrieb Peter Naulls:
> >
> > Error: Library
> > '/home/peter/gccsdk-32/cross/bin/arm-riscos-aof/2_95_4/apcs32/
> > arch3/unixlib/unixlib.o' does not contain the correct 'chunk' types. Is
> > it corrupt?
> > Drlink: Link failed with 1 error
> > ld fatal error: program /home/peter/gccsdk-32/cross/bin/drlink returned
> > exit status 3072:
>
> I suggest you delete this file, and try again.

There is a problem with the -v option to drlink that is used because of
cygwins 16k limit when linking Unixlib. Maybe that is specific to my
computer/OS. It made drlink look for the single object files in / instead of
$(unixlibobj). I changed the Makefile to use the normal way and now it
compiled fine, and the programs I compiled using it work too.

But there is still a (minor) problem. I get an error when including bits/in.h:

home/peter/gccsdk-32/cross/include/unixlib/bits/in.h:64: ANSI C++ forbids data
member `ip_opts' with same name as enclosing class

Is that true? The code at this place is:

struct ip_opts
  {
    struct in_addr ip_dst;	/* First hop; zero without source route.  */
    char ip_opts[40];		/* Actually variable in size.  */
  };

However, in Debian/unstable this header file contains exactly the same code
and the gcc there does not complain about this.

Peter Teichmann