Debugging help needed ...

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Sep 16 07:36:55 PDT 2003

In message <4c31675fbcsbellon at sbellon.de>
          Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner wrote:
> > In message <4c2bbf4142sbellon at sbellon.de>
> >           Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > So, this looks like some Norcroft + UnixLib issue then. Sorry for
> > > the confusion caused.
>
> > Which version of Norcroft did you use? You could have fallen foul of
> > the shrinkwrap optimisation bug. You need either 5.39 or below or use
> > the magic shrinkwrap disabling option.
>
> I was using 5.53. What's this bug and how do I disable the shrinkwrap
> optimization?
>
> Perhaps a Reply-To: to my email address because of off-topic reasons
> for this mailing list?

I don't think this information is off-topic.  The Norcroft Makefile generated
by gen-makefiles.pl enforces a minimal CC version 5.53. The only reason
why I did this is because it was the only 5.xx version I used to compile
and test UnixLib.  If this setup results in triggering compiler errors,
then I would like to know a workaround too so I can update Makefile.in.

Stefan, does -zpq262144 option solve your problem (gleaning at article
<URL:http://www.google.be/groups?selm=99e598294c.kbracey%40tematic.com&output=gplain>) ?