Unlimited AOL

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 04:56:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 10:35:13PM +0100, Peter Naulls wrote:
> > Some spam.
>
> Nick, do you think you could allow posts only by subscribers?

Do we have to do that?  IMHO this list is a useful resource for people to
dip into, without having to do all the faff about subscribing since they can
read it on the web.  Would it be possible to arrange SpamAssassin or
suchlike on the list instead?

If we really must do that, can we have a means to subscribe to the list to
allow posting without receiving messages - is this already possible?  Many
mailing lists I read via a communal mail-to-news gateway shared with 240
people, and this tends to break assumptions that each list recipient is a
single individual.

Theo