Filename warning misreporting

Nick Burrett nick at dsvr.net
Wed Jun 2 01:06:20 PDT 2004

Peter Naulls wrote:
> In message <40BC9630.8020009 at dsvr.net>
>           Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:
>

>>Peter Naulls wrote:
>>
>>>When compiling ChoX11 with GCC 3.3.3, I see the following:
>>>
>>>Desklib:/Xatomtype.h:61:1: warning: "BOOL" redefined
>>>
>>>Of course, Xatomtype.h isn't in Desklib, it's in RiscXLib
>>>(XLib$Path). This may or may not be an ambiguity that can be
>>>resolved.
>>
>>This is a common occurance.  Packages should drop their definitions of
>>BOOL and use the definitions supplied by the standard C library in
>><stdbool.h>.
>

> No :-)  Read what I said again.  The use of bool is incidental, and can
> be fixed.  The issue is the path reporting.

Ah, I see clearly now.  I'm surprised this can ever happen.  I would
suggest taking a look at the pre-processed output.  The filename and
line numbers are taken from the #line directives, so you would expect to
see DeskLib: changing to XLib: for the appropriate headers.

Nick.

--
Nick Burrett, Senior Systems and Network Engineer
Designer Servers Ltd.   http://www.dsvr.co.uk