argv returning strange filename

Nick Burrett nick at dsvr.net
Thu Mar 18 05:08:01 PST 2004

Maarten Bezemer wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2004 "Peter Naulls" <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>

>>In message <ba399d914c.maarten at s0000795.student.utwente.nl>
>>          Maarten Bezemer <m.m.bezemer at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>>

>>>The value of argv[0] is something like:
>>>:Veger.$.foo.bar.cvs
>>>instead of
>>>ADFS::Veger.$.foo.bar.cvs
>>
>>This is, for obscure reasons, expected RISC OS behaviour.  There was
>>some dicussion about this some time ago, but nothing particularly came
>>of it.  Nemo did give me a hacky module that "fixed" this, but it had
>>various other side effects that caused problems.
>

> So there is nothing to do about it? Well then I'll have to make some
> changes in the CVS code.

Couldn't we detect an argv[0] starting with a ':' in __unixinit and tak
on the the appropriate current filesystem system system variable onto
the front ? (I could better explain what I mean if I had a RISC OS
computer to hand).

Nick.

--
Nick Burrett, Senior Systems and Network Engineer
Designer Servers Ltd.   http://www.dsvr.co.uk