GCC 3.4.5 release pending

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:02:12 PST 2005

>Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:

>Ok, upstream has been released, with little fanfare, since the view
>seems to be that it's "just bug fixes", which indeed it is.  I'll push
>out a release in the next few days; if you can hold onto any changes
>until then, that would be great.

I guess I've missed the boat then. I think the "/dev/dsp" sound
driver has a few of it's calculation incorrect, so it gives too long
a latency for the fragment size set and doesn't write the correct
amount of data for mono sound. I'm not sure about when it
sets the default buffer size either.

I'll look into this more over the coming week, but it doesn't look
like I'll have anything ready in time. Is there another release of
3.4.5 planned soon and if so approximately when?

Regards,
Alan