Divide by zero?

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Jan 2 11:48:24 PST 2005

In message <4d2716fa2csbellon at sbellon.de>
          Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:

> BTW: i64 is a typedef of "long long int" and pageSize is just int.

I don't fully trust the v5.54 version of Norcroft when it comes to
long long code generation.  I've once tried to port IMath (v1.1.0, now
it is v1.1.5) <URL:http://thayer.dartmouth.edu/~sting/sw/imath/> and even
with the SharedCLibrary, its test queue results in errors.  With the
UnixLib equivalent routines, the situation is better but still not perfect.
I haven't fully investigated what the real remaining issues were so I can
not blame the compiler for sure but currently I simply do not trust it.

If you find more evidence around this topic, I'm very much interested
seeing it.