Sunfish with GCC

Alex Waugh alex at alexwaugh.com
Sun Jul 3 02:57:25 PDT 2005

In message <5ee064844d.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>

> In message <733a5d844d.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>
>           John Tytgat <John.Tytgat at aaug.net> wrote:
>
> > FYI, the RemotePrinterFS crash happens when it is calling vsnprintf.  I do
> > not yet understand why.
>
> If I understand things correctly there is a different & incompatible va_list
> approach between GCC ARM and Norcroft : GCC ARM has as va_list a ptr to ptr
> to the var parameters on the run-time stack, while Norcroft has as va_list
> a ptr to the var parameters on the run-time stack.
>
> I don't think this is easily fixable so it is probably better to forget
> about the "#undef vsnprintf" fix at all.

The macro was converting between the two formats, so by #undefing the
macro the conversion wasn't happening hence vsnprintf got given an
invalid pointer. It failed to link when the macro was defined because
the stubs wasn't exporting __gcc_vsnprintf like it did for
__gcc_vsprintf. I've now fixed this.

Alex

Alex Waugh                                           alex at alexwaugh.com