Firefox in autobuilder

Alex Waugh alex at alexwaugh.com
Tue Jul 5 13:23:01 PDT 2005

In message <e1200f854d.peter at chocky.org>

> In message <71fadf844d.ajw498 at caramel.cp15.org>
>           Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com> wrote:
>
> > In message <6b8a32804d.peter at chocky.org>
> >           Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I've just put Firefox into the autobuilder CVS.  Please try and build it
> > > and see if you can repeat what I've done.  It's possible I've missed
> > > some bits.
> >
> > I'm currently having a go at this, but I'm running into lots of little
> > problems getting all the libraries built. Most of these seem to stem
> > from two issues - dependencies and the upstream packages having
> > changed. I might see what I can do about parsing the debian dependency
> > information to solve the first, but I'm beginning to think we need to
> > maintain some sort of cache of known good packages to solve the second
> > issue. I'll think a bit more about how that might work.
>
> Well, if you try now, the patches will probably fail.  Some of my nspr
> stuff has been accepted upstream, and I'm working on the rest.

I hadn't got as far as NSPR, it was for all the GTK dependencies. I've
now updated the autobuilder to handle dependencies a bit better,
although some packages will need renaming to take advantage of it, e.g.
zlib will have to become zlib1g as that's what it is refered to as in
the Debian dependencies.

Alex

Alex Waugh                                           alex at alexwaugh.com