GCC 4.1 files

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 03:22:52 PDT 2005

Peter Naulls wrote:
> I'm also starting to consider how to implemented some of the things we
> discussed some time ago, such as making the autobuilder able to handle
> everything.  e.g. download the GCC 4.1 sources, apply patches, etc.  It
> needs some work, but I have a good idea of what's required.

This is a general solution that one guy uses to create a combined tree
of binutils, gcc, newlib and gdb for cross-compiling that was recently
posted to the gcc maining list.  It might make a useful starting point.

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mkdir gcc
cd gcc
cvs co gcc-full
cd ..
mkdir binutils
cd binutils
cvs co binutils newlib gdb
cd ..
./make-combined.sh
mkdir build
cd build
../combined/configure ...
make
make check-gcc

where make-combined.sh has:

#!/bin/sh
rm -rf combined
mkdir combined
cd combined
ln -s ../gcc/gcc/* .
ln -s ../binutils/src/* . > /dev/null 2>&1
rm include
mkdir include
cd include
ln -s ../../gcc/gcc/include/* .
ln -s ../../binutils/src/include/* . > /dev/null 2>&1