GCC 4.1 files

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Jul 14 01:53:00 PDT 2005

In message <42CFA57C.5090101 at sqrt.co.uk>
          Nick Burrett <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:

> Peter Naulls wrote:
> > I'm also starting to consider how to implemented some of the things we
> > discussed some time ago, such as making the autobuilder able to handle
> > everything.  e.g. download the GCC 4.1 sources, apply patches, etc.  It
> > needs some work, but I have a good idea of what's required.
>
> This is a general solution that one guy uses to create a combined tree
> of binutils, gcc, newlib and gdb for cross-compiling that was recently
> posted to the gcc maining list.  It might make a useful starting point.

[snip]

I'm sure I can make use of that.  In the mean time, I've managed to
build the latest CVS GCC, with some hacking of files that rely on
unwind.h, and at least got to building UnixLib, although it failed
shortly after, trying to run the native objcopy on it.

It unhelpfully fails now when I rerun make and configure gets run:

checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

So I guess more hacking is required.

Is UnixLib meant to be under CVS control in your tree?  Do you have
recommendations for CVS update on the combined tree?  I presume someone
has a script that does that we can use.