GCC 4.1 files

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 03:56:04 PDT 2005

Quoting Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org>:
> It unhelpfully fails now when I rerun make and configure gets run:
>
> checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link
> tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

You need to check the particular config.log, it is usually indicative
of a compilation or link failure when checking whether or not the
compiler can produce executables.  Link failures usually result from
missing libraries in the search paths.

> Is UnixLib meant to be under CVS control in your tree?

No because I didn't want to maintain two seperate UnixLib repositories
during the transitional phase.  To update UnixLib you would do
something like this:

$ mv libunixlib libunixlib.1
$ ./gccsdk/unixlib/elf/convert-unixlib.pl gccsdk/unixlib gcc-4.1/libunixlib

> Do you have
> recommendations for CVS update on the combined tree?

Updating GCC is easy, just type:
  $ cvs update -Pd

Updating binutils is difficult, you would need to do a cvs update in
each binutils subdirectory i.e. binutils, bfd, opcode, ld, gas etc.

It fails because the 'include' directory of binutils is different to
the 'include' directory of gcc.  It's best to leave binutils alone, as
it works :)

>  I presume someone
> has a script that does that we can use.

You would need to look at the 'crossgcc' mailing lists for a possible
solution here.