Missing /home/riscos/cross/include when building CVS head; qemu & ,ff8

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Fri Jul 22 01:23:51 PDT 2005

In message <7e7e3e8e4d.peter at chocky.org>

> In message <20050721202720.GA7356 at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>           Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > out executables with ,ff8 on the end.  This is fine, except they don't have
> > the executable permission set.  Also build trees (like autoconf), when they
> > compile a test program/intermediate program, run ./foo rather than ./foo,ff8
> > so fail to find the binary.  This could be solved by having another copy of
> > gcc built without --enable-filetype-ff8 and patching it to set the
> > executable flag, but I wondered if there was a neater way?
>
> I think this could probably be fixed by patching autoconf, which knows
> for example to look for .exe under cygwin.  I did send them a patch at
> one point, but I didn't write a ChangeLog entry for them, so it didn't
> get put it, and my wrapper scripts ended up solving pretty much
> everything this would have fixed, so I didn't pursue it.

I had another thought, although perhaps less reliable.  Sunfish and
Infozip could be modified to detect when a file might be a RISC OS
executable, and present the filetype, even though the unix filename
lacks a suffix. I'm not sure how much this might impact NFS performance,
however.

I've checked in a patch so that drlink sets the executable bits on AIF
files.