GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Jul 25 03:03:17 PDT 2005

GCC 3.4.5 is currently planned for release on September 30th.   This
will be a bug fix release, no new features.  I think this ought to be
the last RISC OS 3.4 series major release, although of course it's
possible that minor releases after that could be done if there are
serious bug fixes.   Unless something changes, I don't think we'll
bother with a 3.4.6 release, which is planned for December 15th.

This week I'll make available my current GCC 4.1 snapshot, and let
people try that out and look at some of the issues we need to resolve
before we can do any kind of release with that.   This will of course
be a major change, since it'll be ELF-based, and with a little luck,
also support shared libraries.  I'm hoping Lee Noar will help me soon on
integrating his work on this into UnixLib.

Comments please.