GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Jul 25 10:20:34 PDT 2005

In message <42E513F9.6030509 at alexwaugh.com>
          Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how much effort it is to update and release 3.4.x releases,
>   but unless this is to fix specific bugs that affect us then I'd rather
> see the effort be spent on new features, e.g. shared libraries.

Applying the latest patches from GCC CVS is pretty staightforward, and
of course there's a little bit of effort for the release itself.
There's also AOF tool fixes that John's been doing that I'd like to get
out before most of the focus shifts from 3.4/AOF.   But you're right of
course, that's why I don't want to pursue it beyond this release.

3.4 currently has a largish number of bugs against it; most of them
aren't serious and probably many don't affect us, but better safe than
sorry - there's a big push to try and get them fixed before 3.4.5 is
out.