GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Mon Jul 25 13:43:33 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 09:21:13PM +0100, Peter Naulls wrote:
[snip lots of good stuff happening with GCC 4.1]
> My build is only presently for C/C++, but of course we would hope to add
> Ada (I've suggested to Stefan he familarise himself with the relvant
> parts to make sure it's all ok) and perhaps Objective-C.  I'm not really
> sure if anyone's used Fortran on RISC OS any time in the recent past.
> If it just appears to work, then that'll be included too.  I want to
> include the Java stuff too, but that is probably more work, and that can
> wait for 4.2 or so.

Fortran Friends are attending shows.  They've also managed to migrate to
Orpheus at http://fortran.orpheusweb.co.uk/ so are obviously still alive.
They gave some feedback on 2002-vintage versions of GCC.
fortran at dpmail co uk
is the contact address listed - I would contact them but it's probably more
useful for someone who knows more about what's involved.

Theo