GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Jul 25 14:27:36 PDT 2005

In message <44722d904d.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>

> In message <61362a904d.peter at chocky.org>
>           Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > I hope that's enough to get started on.  There are a number of build
> > issues too, but I'll leave those for another time.
>
> Great.
>
> Another mind refresher question : how do we see support for existing AOF/ALF
> files ? Is that by support in AOF/ALF in GNU linker 'ld' (binutils) ?

Only the stuff that I did last year.  This can handle basic AOF files
correctly, but needs more work for relocations (tricky) and ALF.  As
long as we retain the same ABI (i.e, don't decide to use soft-float), we
can use existing AOF code.

Unfortuantely, I seem to have inadvertantly deleted the stuff I did
sometime in the past.  I wonder if Nick has a copy of the stuff I sent
him.